Air Source Heat Pump Installation
Essex and Suffolk
Are you looking for expert air source heat pump installations in Essex and Suffolk? Then you've definitely come to the right place! You can benefit from eco-friendly heating in your home or business with this green technology.
At Greenables Ltd we offer a range of environmentally friendly renewable energy services. We pride ourselves on our high level of customer service, so whether you're a homeowner, self-builder, developer or architect, we will help you make your move to a renewable solution with a seamless process.
What is an Air Source Heat Pump System?
Air source heat pumps work by absorbing the heat from the air outside. Once they have absorbed the heat, it is then used to heat your home and provide you with hot water. Even if the weather is freezing outside, air-source heat pumps can still absorb the outside heat; even up to -15°C.
Air source heat pumps require electricity in order to run; however, they don't use much. In fact, the air source heat pumps give out more heat than they take in electricity, which is why they are so energy efficient. You can also get ground source heat pumps, which are perfect if you have a larger garden. The pumps are usually placed outside and are kept at the side or back of your home.
There are two different types of air-source heat pumps, including:
Air-to-Water Heat Pumps
Air-to-water heat pumps work by absorbing the air outside and heating your home through the wet central heating system. These type of pumps also qualify for the UK Government's scheme, Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), which means they'll give you money towards your home heating costs.
These types of heat pumps are recommended for new build properties, as most of them come with them already.
Air-to-Air Heat Pumps
Air-to-air heat pumps absorb the outside air and heat your home through fans; however, these types of heat pumps don't provide hot water.
The installation process for air source heat pumps usually costs £6,000 - £8,000. You don't need to worry about digging up your garden, and installing the air source heat pumps doesn't cause any problems with your garden.
The Benefits of Air Source Heat Pumps
Air source heat pumps provide many benefits to homes and make them much more energy-efficient than other energy sources. Here are a few of the main benefits of air-source heat pumps:
- Air source heat pumps are much cheaper to run than oil or LPG: Air source heat pumps have a coefficient of performance rating of 3, which means you get much more for your money than you do with oil or LPG.
- They are perfect to coincide with underfloor heating: Air source heat pumps provide hot water at the perfect temperature for underfloor heating to work.
- Carbon dioxide emissions are reduced: Air source heat pumps are so energy efficient, that they don't produce as much carbon dioxide as oil, gas or LPG.
- Air source heat pumps don't need a lot of maintenance: Air pump technology has been tested and improved over many years, so it is proven to be very reliable and doesn't need much maintenance.
- They can also be used to cool the house down in hot weather: Some brands of air pumps can be reversed to make them cool your house down.
- Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI): If you choose air source heat pumps, the Government will pay towards your heating and hot water bills with the RHI scheme.
If you would like to find out more information about installing air source heat pumps, then we can help. Greenables Ltd has years of experience in the industry, with expert knowledge and professionalism, we can give you the advice and support you need.
How much does it cost to Install a Heat Pump?
The installation cost of heat pumps can be quite high. The overall price does depend on the area and the size needed for the installation of your heat pump.
A ground source heat pump is the more expensive of the heat pump systems available.
Air source heat pumps are approximately half of the coast of ground source heat pumps. Again, this price depends on the area and size required. There are also different types to consider, such as air to water heat pumps and air to air heat pumps.
Can Air Source Heat Pumps work with Radiators?
Yes, as well as heating your water you can also heat your radiators with Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHPs). Radiators need to be correctly sized for the flow temperatures that you set your heat pump. The lower you set your temperature, the more efficient your heat pump is, and therefore the cheaper it is to run. You also have the potential of income through the UK government's Renewable Heat Incentive scheme (RHI). (air-to-water)
How do Air Heat Source Pumps work?
The heat from the air outside is absorbed at low temperatures and turned into a fluid. The fluid will then pass through a compressor, and this will increase the temperature. It will then transfer the higher temperature of heat to the hot water and central heating systems of your property.
There are two main types of air source heat pumps: air-to-air and air-to-water. Whichever system you choose will determine the type of heat distribution system you will require.
For more information about air source heat pump installation, please call 07841 779 196 today.
Is an Air Source Heat Pump System Right for me?
Whether an air source heat pump system is right for you will depend on your personal circumstances. For example, if you have underfloor heating, air source heat pump systems are ideal as they heat the hot water to the perfect temperature to make underfloor heating work.
With air source heat pump systems, you are basically generating your own heat, which is why they can also reduce the cost of your energy bills, and they are a more sustainable heat source.
When thinking about getting an air source heat pump, and whether it's right for you, you must ensure that you have thought about all factors. Here are a few of the main factors that you need to consider:
- Which type of air source heat pump do you want?: This will depend on whether you have underfloor heating or not, as if you don't already, you will need to have it installed. The best air source heat pump for you will depend on your own personal circumstances.
- Do you have a well-insulated home?: To work best, your home needs to be insulated, as air source heat pumps work by warming the house up at a lower temperature than other boilers.
- What fuel do you use at the moment?: If you are replacing an expensive heating source with your air source heat pump, then you will be saving money on your energy bills, and also, the amount you save will end up paying for the air pump in the long-run.
- Do you need to have planning permission for the installation?: You can see the unit visibly outside your home, so it is important to liaise with your local planning authority before purchasing. It may also produce noise, which could disturb your neighbours.
- Do you have space outside your home for the air source heat pump?: A unit will need to be fitted outside your house, so it's important that you ensure you have enough space for it. The space you will need will depend on the size of the air pump you get; the more heating requirements you need, the larger the air heat pump will be.
What are the Heat Pump Running Costs?
The running costs of the heat pump can differ, depending on which brand you choose and how efficient your system is. Generally, the air source heat pump systems cost around 4.7p per kWh. However, some air source heat pump systems can cost as little as 2.3p per kWh.
Air source heat pumps could save you money on your energy bills every year, compared to other boilers. Here is a list of other heat sources, and your potential annual savings:
- Old Gas Boiler: £450 per year
- Old Oil Boiler: £500 per year
- Old Electric Storage Heaters: £900 per year
- Old LPG Boiler: £1200 per year
If you choose air source heat pumps, there is also a Government scheme, called the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), which means the Government will give you money to help pay for your heating and hot water costs.
Please see below a list of our services:
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- Home Energy Analysis
- Solar Panel Maintenance
- Solar Panels
- Solar Water Heating
- Underfloor heating
- HABMS servicing
Fireplace and Stove Installers
- Log Burners
- Wood Burning Stoves
- Thermal Solar Maintenance
- Biomass boiler servicing
- Air source heat pump servicing.
If you require air source heat pump installation in Essex and Suffolk contact us today. Call 07841 779 196 to discuss your requirements.